University Expectations vs Reality


This year, I finished my first year of uni and there were many expectations I had going in, that have definitely changed since. So far, I've been quite liking my course (chemical engineering) and I'm planning to finish it, however I haven't yet decided if that's what field I want to work in.

If you're currently at uni, I'd love to know which ones of these 'expectations vs reality' statements that you can relate to, and if you haven't/ aren't planning on going to university, let me know any assumptions you have about uni life! 

Hope you've been enjoying BLOGMAS so far - I'd love any suggestions you have for posts that you want to see and I'll do my best to make them happen!

♥ Gigi

...


Expectation: You will study a lot and work hard because you are studying something that you chose, therefore you must enjoy it.

Reality:

via GIPHY

...

Expectation: You will be an active member of clubs and societies

Reality: Like me, you'll sign up to lots of clubs and societies but it won't be until a week in that you've made the biggest mistake of your life. Non-stop emails from the Disney society will make you wonder what freebie was worth 10 emails per day.

via GIPHY

...

Expectation: Your outfits will be on point and you will be runway ready everyday.

Reality: 

via GIPHY

...

Expectation: I will attend every one of my lectures - even the 9am ones.

Reality:
...

Expectation: I'll have time to work a lot, therefore will save up lots of money

Reality: account total: $4.50

via GIPHY
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig